This easy dessert is also an easy crowd pleaser. It’s sheer size is usually enough for a few “Oh wow!” remarks. Nobody has to know it only took 20 minutes to whip up!
What you’ll need:
- 1 large carton of heavy whipping cream
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding and required milk
- 1 carton strawberries
- 1 carton blueberries
- 1 large or 2 small lemon pound cakes
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Mix your pudding and refrigerate to set.
- Whip your heavy whipping cream with a splash of vanilla and powdered sugar to taste. Whip until desired consistency. Beware of over whipping, you’ll end up with butter!
- Wash the fruit!
- Cut most of the strawberries in half, and the rest into smaller quarter chunks.
- Layer the pound cake to cover the bottom of your dish.
6. Place your halved strawberries around the outside, and chopped strawberries in the center.
- 7. Cover in a layer of vanilla pudding.
8. Add a layer of whipped cream, and then repeat.
I was able to squeeze 2 full layers before topping with the remaining whipped cream and a few decorative strawberries and blueberries.