One of the many places we inadvertently expose ourselves to chemicals is our laundry! This is something I never thought about until I had a baby- why can’t I use regular clothes soap and dryer sheets on my baby clothes? If these products aren’t safe enough for her, how are they possibly safe for ME!? So I took a look at dryer sheets. Here is the ingredient list for a popular brand:
- Gym clothes- wild orange and peppermint
- Work clothes- OnGuard (ward off the germs!!!)
- Jammies- Lavender and Lemon
- Baby clothes- Lavender and Peace
- Casual clothes- Balance
- Linens- Purify
- Pet things (blankets, beds, etc)- Lemon and Wild Orange
- The dryer balls are more or less infinitely reusable
- Both the dryer balls AND oils are safe for all members of the family!
- No residual trash: am I the only one that would find stupid dryer sheets EVERYWHERE!?
- No added chemicals or residue on your clothing
- The rolling, bouncing ball helps fluff towels, pillows, and T-shirt’s a like!
If you were to get a bottle of Lavender JUST for adding to laundry, and purchase the dryer balls ($9 for 6), you’d have enough oil for about 2 years of laundry!!!! Yes, you read that right, for about $30 you get 6 dryer balls and enough oil for TWO WHOLE YEARS. Conclusion- using a wool dryer ball and adding a few drops of oil is much healthier for you than a dryer sheet AND is ridiculously cost effective!